Email: underdogs [AT] onet (dot) eu
(replace [AT] with '@' and (dot) with '.' )
OTHER EMAILS LISTED ON THE SITE ARE OUTDATED!
YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT US VIA FORUM
So you'd like to talk to us. Great! We'd love to hear from fellow die-hard collectors as well. Please read the following carefully though, because the sheer amount of e-mails we get every day means that we no longer have the time to answer every e-mail personally. We'd love to, but we really can't spare any more time than we already are with this hobby [heh].
When you should not contact us (meaning you could, but we'll probably ignore you *EG*):
- Your question is already covered in the FAQ --Hey, it's not called Frequently Asked Questions for no reason :) So, please read it. Some of the most commonly asked questions, e.g. install problems, are already described in detail. And before you ask, .rar files are compressed files that must be opened by WinRAR. Of course, this info is in the FAQ as well.
- To report about broken / corrupted links or request that they be fixed. Folks, we run this site as a hobby in our spare time-- and we have codes that tell us broken links and corrupted files automatically. Please be patient-- every broken / bad download is constantly being fixed, and you can see which ones by reading the News page. Please also note that if you can see the download link, the link is not broken -- we code the pages in such a way that if the file isn't actually there, you won't see any download link (but instead an "Oops! That file is broken" error). Please read the FAQ carefully on how to configure your download manager to work with this site.
- To offer games that are not on our want list. While we appreciate the offer, we really are not looking for anything outside the list (except if you have many oldies that are older than 1987, in which case we are very interested). We collectively own thousands of games, so at this point we're looking very specifically :) If a game isn't on our want list, that means we either already have it, or we don't want it. We also get a lot of e-mails asking why well-known games like Sierra's Quest games, X-COM, or Star Control are not featured on the site. Folks, this is Home of the Underdogs, not Home of the Best-sellers . Please read our criteria for choosing games in our FAQ.
- To request technical help with games you downloaded. Folks, a lot of these oldies simply will not work on some new computers, and we are hardly qualified to give technical support. (If we do, we'd need to spend 24 hours on answering e-mails). If a game doesn't work, please post in our forum instead-- someone with the same problem might be able to help you. Also, be precise about your problems; posting "help! this game doesn't work!" is hardly helpful.
- To request games that are still sold by their publishers (i.e. "warez"). We run this site to preserve underrated classics, not to encourage piracy. Any downloads are here only because even their publishers have abandoned them, and we constantly try to seek their permission to distribute them on the site. Similarly, please do not request abandoned underdogs that are on CD-ROM-- we don't have hundreds of terrabytes to burn, and even if we do, we are a lot more interested in preserving pre-CD underdogs. Every CD-rip is here only because the game is more or less impossible to find even in stores, it is decent-sized, and excludes only "bells and whistles" that are not necessary to enjoy the game.
If your e-mail isn't about one of the above issues, and especially if you'd like to contribute to the site, or to inform us of any bugs, errors, inaccuracies, or (most importantly) user abuse of our gamehost/comment system, please e-mail us at: underdogs?the-underdogs.info. Due to the amount of e-mails we get, please be patient. It might take a while, but we'll get to it :)
If you have to contact us about any issue concerning bans, please use bans?the-underdogs.info address. Please note, however, that ban list is cleared daily.